The following are the highlights:
- Server Side Business Logic Extensibility, which allows you to plug your custom business logic into the synchronization runtime on sync service using SyncInterceptors.
- Service Diagnostic Dashboard, which is a debug option on server side that can be turn on to diagnose the health of the deployed sync services.
- HTML5 sample source code to demonstrate how to write a offline web application using HTML5 which caches data in Web Storage and can be run across different browsers.
For more information about this public CTP, please read syncfx’s team blog post at: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sync/archive/2010/10/28/announcing-sync-framework-4-0-october-2010-ctp.aspx
what to expect from future CTP release:
- Tooling Wizard: We will add a UI wizard on top of the command line based SyncSvcUtil utility. This wizard will guide you to select tables, columns, and even rows to define a sync scope, provision/de-provision a database and generate server-side/client-side code based on the data schema that you have.
- iPhone Sample: An updated and improved sample shows you how to develop an offline application on iPhone/iPad with SQLite for a particular remote schema by consuming the protocol directly.